GILDED BLACK EDITION PRINT GIVEAWAY AND PRINT SALE!
This is the 1st signed print of my Iron Man piece, “Gilded” (Black Edition). I’d like to give it to one of you. Just reblog the image and I’ll select a winner at random on Monday, then ship it out (worldwide) right after. Also, most of my prints will be 25%-50% off during that time. Sherlock, Gilded Loki, Ron Swanson, Inspector Spacetime, Kanye, Eaten, Expecto Patronum, Dwight Schrute, etc. that were $120 for XL prints are now $60, $100 for Large are now $50, $60 Mediums are now $40, and Smalls that were $40 are now $30 and so on. Prints: http://society6.com/SamSpratt
Here are three (click through for the rest):
- Have students create a Pinterest board with 10 pins that summarizes them.
- Ask students to create a 30 second podcast that introduces themselves. Then allow students to present them or play them on separate devices as an audio gallery.
- Create a classroom blog and ask each student to write a blog post introducing themselves to the rest of the classroom.
Here are the first three (click through for the rest):1) Introductory Session
If you’re using a new tool or website, model it in the classroom before your scheduled time. This will eliminate time spent explaining the tool and give your students more time to use it.2) Do It Yourself First
If your students will be creating an artifact, create one of your own and time yourself from start to finish. This will allow you to know approximately how long it will take your students to complete the assignment. If your schedule is unpredictable, try not to assign anything that will take longer than the time you have.3) Collecting Student Work
Have a plan ahead of time for how students will hand in their work. If you use Edmodo or Schoology, have your students use the dropbox feature. If you have a Dropbox account, create a DropItToMe page and have students hand in their work to your dropbox. If your school has a public folder or your students have access to a class folder, model in the classroom how to hand in their work using this method before your scheduled time and/or create a screencast that shows them how they can view it during the scheduled time. If you don’t plan for this, it will be a nightmare trying to organize student work, and you might not even be able to collect it in a timely fashion.
Einstein and his therapist. “Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.” -Hemingway
Google Launches a Digital Citizenship Curriculum for Teachers
This is an outstanding resource. I highly recommend a closer look!
Below is a list of lessons, and the recommended flow for delivery. Lessons are designed to fit within 50 minute classes, but can be adapted to fit your schedule:
- What Makes YouTube Unique - Basic facts and figures (40 minutes) - Teacher’s Guide Lesson 1,Slides Lesson 1
- Detecting Lies - (35 minutes) - Teacher’s Guide Lesson 2, Slides Lesson 2
- Safety Mode - (5 minutes) - Teacher’s Guide Lesson 3, Slides Lesson 3
- Online Reputation and Cyberbullying - (45 minutes) - Teacher’s Guide Lesson 4, Slides Lesson 4
- Policy - The Community Guidelines (20 minutes) - Teacher’s Guide Lesson 5, Slides Lesson 5
- Reporting content - Flagging (20 minutes) - Teacher’s Guide Lesson 6, Slides Lesson 6
- Privacy part 1 - (40 minutes) - Teacher’s Guide Lesson 7, Slides Lesson 7
- Privacy part 2 - (50 minutes) - Teacher’s Guide Lesson 8, Slides Lesson 8
- Copyright - (40 mins) - Teacher’s Guide Lesson 9, Slides Lesson 9
- Additional resources/Appendix including parent resources - Teacher’s Guide Additional Materials, Slides Additional Materials
Share and download lessons and teaching tools for free
Ocean acidification, which is currently at levels of 30% acidity and rising, has been called “global warming’s evil twin” and may be even more deadly and destructive than global warming itself, yet it receives very little media coverage. This is a huge media fail.
This is pretty sad and a major failure of our media system. (Of course, it’s somewhat our own faults, as they’re just reporting what people appear to be interested in.) Either way, we need to remedy this if we plan to remedy the big problems being ignored.